Rekindling the Inner Artist with Group Painting Classes
A lot of times, people find it challenging to take that first step into a hobby or activity that they've wanted to do for some time. Most of us have felt this way at some point in our lives. We want to do something so badly, but we are hesitant, nervous, even fearful to take that first step.
In a lot of ways, that's pretty silly. Why? Because every single person who excels at something was once a beginner.
It's true. Think about it. There was a time when Pablo Picasso picked up a paintbrush for the first time. He had no idea what he was doing. The same could be said for Vincent van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Frida Kahlo, Rembrandt, and Andy Warhol. All of these famous artists were, at some point in their lives, total beginners.
The important thing they did, though, was that they did take their first step into the arts. They did get started. They did pick up the brush and get to work, even if they had no idea what they were doing at the time.
How Group Painting Classes Help Students Become Artists
Group painting classes offer a unique environment in which artists who haven't painted in awhile can reignite their joy for their craft. Such courses also provide an excellent environment for beginner artists to improve their skills. Social painting classes are perfect for first-timers who've never even held a paintbrush before.
Here are three reasons why group painting classes provide a great opportunity to rekindle one's inner artist:
- The group setting takes the focus off of you. A lot of times, people who are trying to branch out into a new hobby end up becoming very self-conscious about it. The next thing they know, they're giving it up, critical of their initial efforts to begin with. A group painting class, on the other hand, really puts the focus on the art, not on the people creating it.
- A group painting class takes things on a gradient, slowly and smoothly, teaching the fundamental principles of painting to students in a way that can be easily understood. This is painting 101, the easiest of the easy, a slow, simple, steady gradient where no one gets left behind and where everyone can grasp the basic tenets of painting.
- Group painting classes give everyone a little victory. When students take courses from Life With Paint, each student will complete their lesson with their very own painting. It is all too common for aspiring artists to get going on a project, to make it halfway through, and then to give up, to call it quits. Not so at Life With Paint. In these painting classes, everyone finishes their painting and goes home with their own, personal masterpiece.
Whether you are a brand new, aspiring artist who's never held a paintbrush before or a veteran artist who hasn't painted in a while and wants to get back in the game, Life With Paint can help you.
Life With Paint Students Talk About Rekindling Their Inner Artist
Life With Paint classes offer a simple, enjoyable, casual, and no-pressure environment in which to create art. These group painting classes are the perfect setting for artists to rekindle their inner passion for the arts. The courses also function as ideal opportunities for beginner artists to finally branch out and see what they are capable of.
Life With Paint students often remark on how surprised they were that a one or two hour-long painting class could rekindle their inner artist.
Sarah Fogarty talked about how she exceeded her own expectations in a Life With Paint social painting class:
- "I went along for a bit of fun. I was not confident I would come away with anything amazing. I was wrong! My first painting has pride of place in my lounge room. The evening was sooooo much fun and I'm super keen to go again. The artist was super chill and really helpful when needed but let each person do their own thing too. Highly recommend!"
Louise Lee talked about how easy it was to let the inner artist shine in a group painting setting:
- "This is such a fabulous concept. Social art classes in a fun setting. It's so easy to let your inner artist shine as you are guided step by step through the painting. I have done a few of these classes now, and always leave with a smile. If you want to try something different, and get in touch with your creative side, while having a social night out, then I highly recommend you give Life with Paint a try."
Jamie Siler submitted her five-star review on how not only did Life With Paint help her and her husband let loose their inner artists, but how it did the same for their kids as well!:
- "Had a really fun time with my husband exploring our inner artist. Truth be told, neither of us is very artistic but we had a lot of laughs and one of us came out with a painting resembling the original and one of us discovered abstract art. All in all a great date night! My kids went to one of the kids classes too. At first they were not sure what their mother had gotten them into but they loved it and begged to do it again! I would highly recommend this experience for all ages!"
Scheduling a Social Painting Class with Life With Paint
Are you interested in scheduling a social painting class? Ready to try your hand at painting? Life With Paint's artist-instructors provide all of the tools, including paint brushes, canvases, easels, paints, and palettes. All you have to do is show up.
Please fill out our simple contact form. One of our staff will get in touch with you and help you sign up for a class at a time and place that's agreeable with your schedule. We have lots of classes taking place in some of the best indoor and outdoor venues in:
Sign up today and be ready for a fun opportunity to explore your inner artist!